Back to Top
- 1 (18 ounces) package chocolate cake mix (any type you like) or 1 (18 ounces) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1⅓ cups water, to prepare cake
- ½ cup vegetable oil, to prepare cake
- 3 large eggs, to prepare cake
- 1 cup chopped nuts (like pecans or English walnuts)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened (low fat if you prefer)
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan. (i used Pam cooking spray.)
- Evenly sprinkle nuts and coconut on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl prepare cake mix: Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over nuts and coconut.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream cheese, butter confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drop by spoonfuls over batter, do not mix in Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Enjoy!