Back to Top
- 1 (17.3 oz) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus
- 3 cups assorted cheese, grated (2 1/2 cups swiss, 1/2 cup parmesan)
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, optional
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- hollandaise sauce, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take both sheets of thawed puff pastry and place them on lined baking sheet, overlapping them by 1 inch and pressing the seam gently to seal.
- Use a paring knife to score a rectangle border 1 inch from the edge of pastry, then take a fork and pierce the dough all around the inside of the rectangle. (This allows steam to be released so the center of your tart doesn’t puff up, while the outside edges do.)
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and lightly puffed up.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes, then brush honey dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar onto the center of puff pastry. Evenly sprinkle assorted cheeses over the center of tart.
- Take your asparagus and trim the ends so they fit into the center rectangle of tart. Lay asparagus out in a single layer, alternating the direction ot the tips with each row, then brush with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and edges are puffed up, and asparagus is tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then drizzle with hollandaise sauce, slice, serve and enjoy!