Do you love desserts with crescent rolls ? Try this Apple Pie Bites made with crescent rolls, apples & pecans.
The summer is coming to an end, at least for this year, and I’m kind of sad about that. As if I could not catch it until the end and take advantage of all the pleasant things that it offers.
Orchard near our house is full of plums, grapes and apples and it always reminds me that autumn is on the way. In early September we return to our virtual places and begin the new season of autumn recipes. And then I always think of my favorite apples and pumpkins.
What distinguishes these rolls from the others is that besides pecans/walnuts and apples, there is a great taste of sugar and cinnamon. Very tasty!
Do you love desserts with crescent rolls ? I generally like them, with any stuffing. They are modest in terms of ingredients but very seductive by taste. I always fall for such combinations, because I am from those who pay attention to every ingredient, and although I love medley of colors and the width of taste, which certain foods provide, yet I find myself to be more impressed by streamlined forms ie. combinations of those “little of everything”.
Soooo, back to today sweet treat.
Easy Apple Pie Bites
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Evenly spread butter onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle with a lot of sugar and cinnamon mixture, and sprinkle with the pecans or walnuts,
- Wash the apple and cut into 8 equal slices.
- Place a piece of apple on each triangle of dough (on a wider side) and roll it in a croissant.
- Arrange crescent roll croissant(bites) on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the remaining butter on each crescent roll croissant and sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.