- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed 105g
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- green food coloring optional
- 3 cups all purpose flour 375g
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 36 Hershey Kisses approx. 150g
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Add eggs, mint extract and food coloring if desired and beat until combined.
Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and beat on low speed until combined.
Roll into 1-1.5″ balls and place on prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes just until centers are no longer glossy — you don’t want them to brown on top.
Let cool on pans for 5 minutes, until warm but not hot. Place one kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly to secure — they will crack just a bit (they will crack more if they are overbaked and browned).
Let cool completely before moving to a storage container.