HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP LEAF FAJITAS
The onions and peppers are cut into very thin slices so that they cook at the same rate as the shrimps and everything is cooked on one plate. Finish this shrimp fajita recipe with a little fresh lime juice and chopped coriander for a dinner full of flavor and vegetables!
In a large bowl, mix sliced peppers, onions, olive oil and seasonings. If you prefer, skip the bowl and mix on the baking sheet, then toss to coat.
Roast the fajita mixture in the oven at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Then turn on the grill and let the shrimp and bell pepper take a little shade for about 2 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into thin slices
- 1 small red onion cut into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- several turns of freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh coriander for garnish
- heated tortillas
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix the onion, bell pepper, shrimp, olive oil, salt, pepper and spices.
Mix everything together.
Spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread the shrimp, peppers and onions on the baking sheet.
Bake at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes. Then put the oven under the broiler and bake for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
Squeeze the juice of the fresh lime over the fajita mixture and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve in hot tortillas.