- 1 large egg OR equivalent amount of egg replacer product to keep vegan (use your favorite brand)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk (I used Vanilla but Original or Unsweetened may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, vegetable, or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (about 1 large peeled and trimmed carrot)
- optional 1/2 cup raisins (I used a raisin blend), plus a few more for sprinkling on top (1/2 cup chopped walnuts may be substituted)
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan in 10 cavities (you’re making 10 rather than 12 muffins unless your pan runs small); set aside. (I don’t prefer the cosmetic look of muffin liners).
To a large bowl, add the egg, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
Add the carrots, optional raisins, and stir to combine. The batter is on the thicker side by design.
Divide batter equally among the 10 cavities of the prepared pan. Each cavity should be about 3/4 full. Spraying a one-quarter cup measure with cooking spray so the batter slides right off is handy here. Tip – Sprinkle a few carrot shreds on top of each muffin and if you’re using raisins, add a couple extra raisins to the tops of each muffin for visual appeal.
Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. All muffin pan sizes, how full you fill your pan, ovens, climates, etc. vary so bake until done given your variables and check on them early.
Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely.