Back to Top
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring frequently, and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir in cheese until melted, and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Crush crackers in a ziptop bag and mix with paprika. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, green onion, and Canadian bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add eggs and cook until just set, stirring often.
- Stir egg mixture into cheese sauce and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Top with cracker crumbs and bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.