- 1 Maui onion, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Japanese pickled ginger, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger vinegar from the pickled ginger
- ¼ teaspoon prepared wasabi paste
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shiso leaves, julienned OR 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hijiki seaweed rehydrated in cold water until tender OR 1 Tablespoon cucumber, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a non-reactive bowl, combine the onion, chives, cilantro, ginger, ginger vinegar, wasabi paste, olive oil, shiso or cumin, and seaweed or cucumber. Mix well.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend.