Four layers made of everything delicious you can possibly imagine in a dessert bar. They are rich, satisfying and oh so good!
For the Brownie Layer
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the Caramel Layer
- 35 caramels (2/3 of a 14 ounce bag)
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
For the Nougat Layer
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
For the Chocolate Layer
- 6 ounces (about 3/4 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- 1. Start with the brownie layer. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter and heat until fully melted, stirring the mixture every 30 seconds. Stir in sugar until fully incorporated and then add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk in flour and baking soda and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool completely.
- 2. Once brownies are cooled, prepare caramel layer. In a medium (microwave-safe bowl), combine caramels, evaporated milk and water. Heat for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Caramels should be fully melted and you should have a smooth caramel mixture. Add rice cereal and mix together. Spread caramel mixture evenly over the brownie layer and place pan into the freezer.
- 3. For the nougat layer, combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer the mixture for 10 minutes without stirring. Meanwhile, combine marshmallow cream and peanut butter. Pour the warm nougat into the marshmallow mixture and whisk to combine. Spread evenly over the caramel layer and return pan to the freezer.
- 4. Finally, combine chocolate chips, butter, and whipping cream for the chocolate layer. Melt in 30 second increments until smooth and creamy. Pour chocolate over the nougat layer and spread in an even layer. Place in the fridge and let cool until set, about 3 hours. Cut into bars and serve.
- Bars will keep up to 1 week stored an airtight container or up to 4 weeks in the freezer.