- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbs salted butter diced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs honey
- 4 Tbs milk
- Preheat your deep fryer to 365.
- Cut wax or parchment paper into about 12 4″x4″ squares, set aside.
- In sauce pan mix together your butter, water and sugar and heat until boiling and butter is melted.
- Once boiling vigorously stir in flour until well combined and continue to heat and stir for about 4-5 minutes to cook out excess water.
- Remove from pan and transfer into large bowl, let cool slightly.
- With hand mixer add 1 egg at a time and blend well after each addition.
- Mix your egg whites in a small bowl mix in a little at a time until glossy but yet still stiff enough to be able to pipe out. You do not need to add all egg whites, use your judgement on texture for how well it will hold up.
- Once mixed add your dough to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- Spray individual parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray and pipe donuts into about 3″ circles.
- Drop your crullers paper side up into hot oil (paper will separate from donut and remove paper with tongs) and cook about 1-2 minutes on each side until a nice golden brown.
- Remove donuts from fryer and let drain and cool on paper towel lined cooling rack. Repeat for all crullers.
- Once cool mix together your glaze ingredients and dip tops of crullers in them and set aside to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg