Back to Top
- 1 quart vegetable broth, low-sodium, divided
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1 pound carrots, chopped coarsely
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 sprigs of cilantro, garnish
- Heat 1/2 cup vegetable broth on medium heat in medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
- While stirring, add ginger, carrots, potato cubes and remaining broth to saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, carefully puree mixture in small batches until desired consistency is reached. Add broth or water to make soup thinner, if desired.
- Return soup to stove and add lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes, then transfer to serving bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro.