WHAT YOU NEED :
– Top sirloin steak: 1 to 1 1/2 lb (cut in thin strips)
– Dried oregano: 1 teaspoon
– Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning: 1 teaspoon
– Salt and pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
– Onions: 2 large (sliced)
– Fresh baby portabella mushrooms: 8 (sliced)
– Butter: 2 tablespoons
– Olive oil: 5 tablespoons (divided) *canola oil is also fine
1. For the onions, you should heat a skillet over medium low heat.
2. You can then add the butter and 2 tablespoons of oil. When see that the butter is melted, go ahead and throw in the onions and cook down for no less than half an hour, stirring frequently. If the onions begin to brown to soon, go ahead and adjust the temperature (the trick is low and slow).
3. In the meantime, you may move onto preparing and cooking the steak.
4. For the steak, combine together sliced steak, oregano, cavender, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag and mix until the seasoning has evenly coated the steak.
5. In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
6. The next step is to sear sliced steak in batches. Make sure to sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on how done you like your steak. And please be careful not to over crowd the pan.
7. If the pan gets to dry, you’ll want to add 1 tablespoon of oil. Now that the steak is cooked, go ahead and throw the mushrooms in the pan and saute until tender.
8. You may now assemble the pitas with steak, onions and mushrooms & ENJOY !!!