1 large onion, diced 1/2″ pieces
1 large pepper, any color, diced 1/2″ pieces
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced in 1/4″ coins
20 large raw shrimp, fresh or frozen, peeled & cleaned with tail on or off
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c unsalted butter
4 Tbsp parmigiano-reggiano, grated
5 small potatoes, diced 1/2″ pieces (optional)
1 small package angel hair pasta (optional)
2 c rice (optional)
1. Dice onions, peppers (I used 1/2 a green pepper and 1/2 an orange pepper) and slice sausage.
2. In a disposable aluminum pan, add the butter. Place over grill.
3. Add sausage, garlic and veggies to pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. When sausage and veggies are al’ dente add shrimp. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes until all of the shrimp are pink. Top with grated parmigiano-reggiano. Serve as is, with potatoes or over angel hair pasta or rice.
5. OPTIONAL: To serve with potatoes. Add potatoes to the butter and begin cooking before adding the sausage and veggies. When they are al’ dente add the sausage, garlic and veggies and continue following steps 3 & 4.
6. OPTIONAL: To serve over angel hair pasta. Follow steps 1-4. In addition, boil pasta like normal until al’dente. Drain water. In a large frying pan add 3-5 TBS. unsalted butter. Continue cooking the butter until you see it foaming and the butter getting brown. Add the drained noodles and fry them in the butter for 1-3 minutes, or until the noodles have turned slightly brown from the butter. Put the noodles in a serving dish and top with the sausage, shrimp and veggie mixture and the parmigiano-reggiano.
7. OPTIONAL: To serve over rice. Follow steps 1-4. In addition cook rice like normal. Put the rice in a serving dish and top with the sausage, shrimp and veggie mixture and the parmigiano-reggiano.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!