- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste or use ½ teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Ground Beef Teriyaki
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use 93/7
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots I use baby carrots
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the soy sauce, water, sugars, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil.
- Combine the warm water and cornstarch and mix together with a fork until the cornstarch is dissolved. Once the teriyaki sauce is boiling, pour the cornstarch slurry into it and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let it simmer and thicken while the ground beef cooks.
- In a skillet pan, over medium high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef, sesame oil, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the chopped broccoli, carrots, and the thickened teriyaki sauce into the pan. Stir together and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer for 15 minutes.* I always put a lid on the skillet pan during this so the broccoli and carrots will get soft and cook faster.
- Once vegetables are to your liking (we like ours soft so I cook it for the full 15 minutes) serve it over cooked rice, noodles, brown rice, or anything else of your choice. Garnish with green onions.
Broccoli & Carrots : Make sure to chop these really small! The cook time is only 15 minutes which is not enough to soften large chunks of broccoli or carrots. I use baby carrots which makes it easy because they are already small and all you have to do is slice them really thin. Leftovers : Keep really well covered in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I just heat leftovers up in the microwave. Sesame Oil : This adds great flavor but if you don’t have any then substitute with some extra virgin light olive oil . Or just leave it out since ground beef naturally has higher fat in it. Nutrition Information : Calories listed is for one serving of the ground beef teriyaki (about 1/2 cup). It does not include the rice or whatever else you serve with it.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3706IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg