Back to Top
- 2 pounds potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound turkey, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add potatoes and garlic and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until softened.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with remaining butter. Place half of the potato garlic mixture in the bottom of baking dish.
- Spread turkey evenly over potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, mustard, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake casserole for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Place casserole under broiler and cook for another 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.