- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons butter, cold and chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
Cut the kernels off raw ears of corn using a sharp knife.
Add the corn, butter, tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, vinegar and salt and pepper to a saucepan over high heat. Stir while the ingredients come to a boil.
After the butter has melted, it should begin to look like a light butter sauce.
Remove the pan from the heat and s