- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 pcs eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsps butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- dash of food color (optional)
- pinch of salt
- small slices of cheese (for topping)
1. In a mixing bowl, put the flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
2. Add the eggs, milk, and water. Mix well.
3. Add the food color, salt, melted butter and shredded cheese. Stir until well-blended then set aside.
4. Brush some melted butter in each of the puto molder cups.
5. Fill each molder cup with the prepared puto mixture.
6. Place them in the steamer properly.
7. Steam for about 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove cover then put small slices of cheese on top of each puto. Put cover again then steam for another 2 minutes.
9. Let them cool down then remove the cooked puto from the molder cups.
10. Serve and enjoy your puto cheese!