These chicken thighs smothered in a delicious and creamy sauce are best served over rice or mashed potatoes! The luscious taste of the honey sauce is amazing! It’s safe to say the sauce alone is more than enough to satisfy all your cravings today. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds (0.6 kg) chicken thighs (4 chicken thighs)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Ground black pepper
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE:
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tbsp water or chicken broth, preferred
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken thighs, then toss until well coated.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cayenne pepper, honey, sugar, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Stir until well blended.
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the chicken thighs, then sear each side for a few minutes or until they turn brown.
- Add the rest of the cooking oil into the Instant Pot with the chicken thighs.
- Add garlic and sauté for a minute or until aromatic.
- Add the sauce over the chicken thighs, then cover the Instant Pot.
- Press the “Manual” button, then cook the chicken for about 10 minutes on a high setting.
- Do a quick release, then slowly remove the cover.
- Add the chopped parsley, then stir until well mixed.
- Serve the chicken right away with the delicious sauce. Enjoy!
- For this recipe, I used a 6-inch Instant Pot.
- Feel free to use a slow cooker for this recipe. Cook the chicken for about 3 hours on a high setting.
- On the stove, simmer over low heat until the chicken is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 388 | Total Fat 21g | Saturated Fat 7g | Trans Fat 0g | Unsaturated Fat 14g | Cholesterol 199mg | Sodium 794mg | Carbohydrates 17g | Fiber 0g | Sugar 15g | Protein 41g