1 pound spicy Italian sausage
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups ricotta cheese
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
3 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
18 manicotti shells
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, bring tomatoes and marinara sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, chilies, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
4. Divide 2 cups of sauce between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
5. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with cheese mixture. Place in prepared pans. Sprinkle with sausage; top with remaining sauce.
6. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes.
7. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and manicotti is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Serve with salad and warm buttered Italian Bread.