Back to Top
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 3-oz packages of jello
- Food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350˚. In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter using an electric mixer. Slowly add in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Cut dough into 4 equal sections (or less if using fewer Jello flavors). Add 2 tablespoons of Jello into each section and knead until color is even.
- Cut dough into 4 equal sections (or less if using fewer Jello flavors). Add 2 tablespoons of Jello to each quarter and knead until color is even. Use food coloring if colors aren’t as vibrant as you’d like. Use gloves for the steps that involve Jello and/or food coloring to avoid staining your hands.
- Pour remaining Jello into 4 small bowls. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and dip in coordinating Jello mix powder. Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a mug or cup, but don’t press too hard or else the edges will become cracked.
- Space cookies on baking sheet or silpat 1” apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.