From Scratch Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 lb butter softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon Juice real or squeeze kind is fine or extract if you want a deeper lemon flavor
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage any brand
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix
- one box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1- 4 ounce box of instant lemon pudding
- 3/4 cup carbonated lemon lime soda i used 7 up
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp milk
READ: No Bake Chocolate Eclair Cake
From Scratch Directions:
Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
Add in your eggs-1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
Add in flour and lemon extract/juice.
Fold in your lemon-lime soda of choice.
Pour into well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
Directions using Box Cake Mix
Preheat your oven to 325F
Grease your bundt pan
In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, plus pudding ans the soda and mix well
pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
top with Glaze
Make Lemon Glaze-
Both recipes from scratch and from the box mix use the same easy, delicious glaze
Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one removed from the pan..