Back to Top
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice from about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add milk, yogurt and lemon extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Fold dry ingredients into batter. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Increase temperature to 350°F and bake 35 to 40 minutes until cake is golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Combine fresh lemon juice and sugar in small bowl. Add hot water and stir until glaze is loosely thickened. Drizzle glaze over cake and let set before serving.