Back to Top
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 3 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa under running water in a large strainer, then transfer to a medium-sized pot and add 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5-10 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- While quinoa cooks, toast almonds in a small pan over medium heat until golden brown, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa with mint, parsley, cranberries, black olives, almonds, and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, cinnamon and pepper. Pour liquid over quinoa mixture and toss thoroughly.
- Drizzle salad with additional olive oil and lemon juice, and sprinkle with goat cheese and fresh mint, if desired.