- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 – 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 4 slices bacon or Canadian bacon, cut into pieces (You can pre-cook bacon for slightly more intense flavor..)
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, green part only, cut into small rounds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup heavy cream
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish with some oil or butter.
Spread half of the cubed potatoes in bottom of pan.
Place the cubed chicken breasts evenly on top.
Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each salt, paprika and pepper.
Sprinkle with half the bacon slices, ½ cup of the cheese, and half the green onions.
For the second layer spread the remaining diced potatoes on top,
followed by the remaining bacon, another ½ cup cheese and another ¼ teaspoon each salt, paprika and pepper.
Pour heavy cream over top of casserole.
* if it turn out too watery you can reduce the amount of heavy cream.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese, remaining green onions and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.