- 1 lb frozen crinkle cut french fries
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced, optional
- salsa and sour cream for garnish as desired
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray. Toss fries with seasoning salt and lay fries in a flat layer on baking sheet with as much space around each one as possible.
Bake fries for 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until crispy.
Meanwhile, cook the ground beef and onion (add the peppers as well if you prefer them tender) on the stove top over medium-high heat until browned. Stir in taco seasoning and set aside.
When fries are crispy, top with some of the cheese, then beef mixture, and red peppers. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle on green onions and jalapeno (if using)