Back to Top
For the cake:
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 2 3/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow cream
For the icing:
- 1 stick butter or margarine, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350˚. In a medium bowl combine sugar, cocoa, and flour for cake. In a separate large bowl combine margarine and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet a little at a time. Once mixed fold in pecans and shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into a 9×13 baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. While cake is still hot spread marshmallow creme over the top.
- In a large bowl combine butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, cocoa, and evaporated milk. Allow cake to cool completely before adding icing on top using an icing knife, offset spatula, or even the back of a spoon.