- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar prepared mango salsa 415ml or 14oz
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice (converted for best results)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and sear on each side just until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Remove chicken and cover to keep warm.
Add peppers to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp tender.
Meanwhile, rinse your rice thoroughly.
Add broth and salsa to skillet with peppers. Bring to a boil, add rice, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce to medium-low to simmer for 10 minutes.
Uncover, stir, and nestle chicken breasts down in the rice. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender.
Uncover, stir rice, and sprinkle cheese over chicken. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.