Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad is the perfect summer salad. It’s both sweet and tangy and the fresh crispness of the cucumbers and onions can’t be beat.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 sweet onion, cut into rings
- In a large bowl, whisk together water, vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Will keep for 3 to 5 days.
- I like to add a few ice cubes to the bowl just before serving. The cucumbers taste so good when they are really cold.