Reviews for: Mississippi Mud Cheesecake
- This recipe is amazing! This was my first time making a cheesecake and it turned out great! I did make one alteration, I used an oreo cookie crust instead of the animal crackers, we’re a chocolate loving family. I just bought a pack of oreos and threw almost a row of them in the food processor to make 1 1/2 cups of oreo crumbs and kept the same amount of everything else for the crust. I also used special dark cocoa. Just delicious!! Thank you so much for this recipe! I look forward to making it again.
- This recipe is definitely going in “my favorites”. I took it to work and within 10 minutes the plate was empty, someone was scraping the knife and plate to get the last and I had requests to bring it in again “tomorrow.” It is not one of those things you can throw together because of the length of time to bake, sit and cool but the wait was worth it.
- This is one of the most decadent cheesecakes I’ve ever made! I pre-baked the crust for 15 min. It had a light delicate crunch and you could definitely taste the coffee. The cheesecake itself is like a giant chocolate truffle. I omitted the nuts from the filling as a personal preference because I like my cheesecakes to have a smooth creamy texture. My only other admission was the cornstarch. I bake a lot of cheesecakes and was very leary of the baking instructions. Not wanting to chance failure, I used my standard baking method for cheesecakes which includes baking in a water bath. I’ve never had one crack and this one was no exception. It turned out perfect!
“All the flavors of Mississippi Mud Cake (chocolate, pecans, and marshmallows) in a cheesecake instead.”
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed animal cracker cookies
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Prep : 40 m – Cook: 4 h 20 m – Ready In: 10 h
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
Mix together the animal cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules in a bowl. Pour in the melted butter and mix until evenly moistened. Press into the prepared springform pan and set aside.
To make the filling, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, the cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons instant coffee, and the cornstarch in the bowl of an electric mixer; stir until blended. Add the softened cream cheese and beat until the sugar mixture has been incorporated and no lumps of cream cheese remain. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding the vanilla extract with the last egg. Fold in 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, then pour into the prepared crust.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue baking 2 hours. Turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake stand in the oven for 2 hours more before opening the door. Remove and cool to room temperature.
Once the cheesecake has cooled, melt the chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan, and spread the marshmallow cream evenly over the top. Spread or drizzle the chocolate over the marshmallow cream and sprinkle 1/4 cup of chopped pecans overtop. Chill completely before serving.