- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup M&Ms (I use 2 cups)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I use 2 cups and always use Guittard!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the peanut butter with the sugars and butter. Mix until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add baking soda, salt and oats and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop large balls of dough (about 2 to 3 tablespoons) and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes. Do not overbake. If you want the cookies flatter, gently bang the cookie sheet a couple times on the counter after they come out of the oven. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets until cookies are set. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- These cookies freeze really well.