Back to Top
- 2 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 C. Celery chopped
- 1 Bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 14 oz. Chicken broth
- 8 oz. Tomato sauce
- 1 ½ lb. Medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Rice to serve over
- Heat the butter and oil in a large deep sided skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetable mixture, and stir to combine. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn the flour.
- Whisk in the broth and tomato paste, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and bay leaves to the skillet, cover, and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving over rice.