- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (use Jif, Skippy, etc. and not something that’s ‘natural’ and can separate)
- 4 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (use full fat so pie sets up)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- one 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- one 9-inch Oreo crust (6-ounce storebought or scratch, I used storebought)
- 1/3 cup honey roasted peanuts (salted peanuts may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
To a large bowl, add the peanut butter, cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar and beat with a handheld electric mixer on low to medium-low speed until small, pebble-sized balls form.
Add the whipped topping and beat on high speed until smooth, stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary. The mixture is thick and I needed to beat it for about 4 to 5 minutes to get it smooth.Turn out into prepared crust (you don’t need to bake the crust if using storebought; if using this scratch crust bake for 10 minutes).
Evenly sprinkle with the peanuts and mini chocolate chips.
Cover and refrigerated until set, at least 4 hours (overnight is better). Keep chilled until serving.