I have re-imagined Pecan Pie into lovely No Bake Pecan Pie Truffles, the perfect addition to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
- 2½ cups (121/2oz/355g) toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 cup (3oz/85g) graham crackers crumbs
- 1 cup (6oz/170g) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A generous 1/2 cup (5oz/142g) real maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (12oz/340g) chocolate, chopped
- https://dc45d2353da964247c2b637d29727fe0.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.htmlIn a medium bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs, or digestive biscuit crumbs, brown sugar, and salt.
- Next, add the toasted pecans, maple syrup and vanilla, and mix thoroughly. The pecan pie filling should be very sticky and thick when combined. Refrigerate mixture for 15 minutes.
- Roll pecan pie filling into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate rolled truffles for an additional 30 minutes.
- While the filing is setting in the refrigerator melt chocolate in the microwave for 11/2 minutes in 30 second increments until melted.
- Using a fork dip each truffle in the melted chocolate and return to parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the truffle immediately. Allow the chocolate to set for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
- Note: You toast the pecans on a dry pan. Keep a close eye on them, shake the pan, remove from the pan when they are toasted to cool. You can also toast them in a preheated oven, at 180C/350F for 7 – 10 minutes, until browned and toasted. Cool before adding to the bowl for mixing.