Author: Cakescottage (Adapted from Picky Palate).
Recipe type: Cookies
- 8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo cookies (could try with mini oreo, regular oreo makes huuuuge cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl, gradually add both sugars and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda with a wire whisk until combined.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie.
- Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie.
- Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and dough.
- Place the stuffed cookies on the prepared baking sheet, make sure to be at least 2 inches apart on the pans and bake cookies 11-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.