Back to Top
- 6 cups yellow squash, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup butter crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a casserole dish with butter. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, heat the olive oil. Add squash and saute until it has broken down completely, 15-20 minutes.
- Line a colander with a clean paper towel and place squash on top. Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In same skillet, melt butter. Add onion and saute 5 minutes. Remove to a large bowl. Add squash, sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Gruyere, cheddar, and mozzarella and stir to combine.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with cracker crumbs. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!