Peas, celery, hard-cooked egg, shredded cheddar, and pimentos combine to make Pea Salad??? I didn’t think I’d like it ~ but it’s really good!
- 1 (24 oz.) package frozen peas
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions (I just put in the whole bunch of green onions, chopped)
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos, drained
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 3 T. sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Thaw peas by running them under cool water. Drain well.
- Combine peas, celery, eggs, green onions, cheddar cheese, and pimientos in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, and seasonings; stir into pea mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.