2½ cups of flour
½ cup of butter
½ cup of shortening
pinch of salt
ice water, add teaspoon by teaspoon
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, butter, and shortening with your hands.
2. Add cold water, one teaspoon at a time until the dough begins to hold.
5. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough into a circle.
6. You can now remove the layer of wax paper on top.
7. Transfer the dough to a pie plate. Remove the other piece of paper.
8. Place your pie plate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Prick the bottom of the crust and line the crust with parchment paper.
10. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f and bake the crust for 25 minutes, removing the
foil after 10 minutes.