You don’t need many ingredients in order to make this Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls dream come true. All you need are:
- 1 lb Sirloin Strips (lean) or other beef sliced thin
- 1 Green Pepper (large)
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 1 Egg
- Sargento Provolone Slices, 1 pkg, 8 oz or Shredded
- Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps (approx 8)
- McCormick Grill-Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Olivio Buttery Spray
- Vegetable Oil (if deep frying)
One important thing about this recipe is that the quantities of ingredients stated above are only good for about 6-8 servings. If you’re looking to feed more mouths or to make more servings, you’re going to have to tweak the recipe a bit.
Now, tweaking recipes is very easy but it’s going to take more than adding another strip of sirloin or another eggs roll wrap in this case. You’re going to have to increase the quantities of each and every one of the ingredients stated above proportionately, in order to increase the number of servings.
Now, we are well aware that things can get very sticky very fast in the kitchen, so feel free to consult us in the comments section of this page. We’ll be sure to get back to you. But don’t wait until you’re elbow-deep in the Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls recipe before you send in your message. This isn’t the recipe ER, and we might not be able to get back to you as soon as you’d like. But we will get back to you. Eventually.
You don’t need much by way of equipments in order to recreate this Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls. All you need are:
- A frying pan (preferably non-stick)
- A knife (for dicing and cutting)
- Parchment paper
- A whisk (for beating egg)
- A deep fryer (*optional. It’s great to have one on hand if you’re going for the deep frying option.)
- Air fryer (*optional. But if you’re opting for the air frying method, it’s a great idea to have it on hand).
- Oven (preferably a temperature-regulated one. *Optional.)
- Paper towels
For the sake of being thorough, we would like to mention all the bowls and forks that are bound to find their way into the dishwasher at the end of this baking/cooking session. We’re not entirely sure how they get there, but we know that they do. So, just prepare yourself.
Right before we head into the directions part of this Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls recipe, we have a little suggestion that we would like to make, which is: clear away the clutter in your cooking area (if there is any). Not only is this great for hygiene, but it also creates a freer range of movement. Also, it’s great for aesthetics if you’re thinking of making a video for YouTube or Instagram. Also, it’ll create space for all those little ceramic bowls where you can measure out your ingredients before the start of each cooking lesson (Just like TV).
– Dice Green Pepper and Onion into bite size pieces and sauté in pan with oil / butter on medium heat.
– Cut Sirlion Steak Strips into small pieces (approx 1 inch each) and add to pan with pepper & onion mixture.
– Generously season with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.
– Cook on medium heat until steak is well cooked and peppers & onions are soft, slower is better for flavor and texture.
– Once cooked through, remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to allow meat to rest.
-Place Nasoya Egg Roll Wraps on parchment paper.
– Beat egg in a bowl and brush all four edges of each egg roll wrap with egg (this will help seal the egg roll together when cooking)
-Add approximately 2 tablespoons of steak / peppers / onion mixture to the middle of the egg roll wrap and top with one slice of provolone cheese folded on top.
-Fold the bottom of the egg roll wrap up half way to cover the meat mixture (like an envelope) then fold in both sides, before folding the top down add a little more egg (like a glue) and fold the top down closing the egg roll.
-Deep Frying Option: Drop each egg roll into vegetable oil preheated on medium heat (you don’t want the oil too hot) flipping until it is golden brown (approx 3-4 minutes each)
-Air Fryer Option: Spray outside of egg roll with Olivio Buttery Spray and place in air fryer at 390 degrees for 12 minutes. Flip half way through if necessary based on your air fryer.
-Oven Option: Spray the outside of the egg roll lightly with the Olivio Buttery Spray and place in pre-heated 400 degrees oven for 10-12 minute, flip half way through.
-When fully cooked, allow egg rolls to cool on paper towel lined plate before serving.
-If you would like to have a dip for these, a mayonnaise / horseradish mixture matches perfectly!