Back to Top
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef
- 2 Cans tomato sauce 15oz. Each
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 8 oz. Sour cream
- 8 oz. Egg noodles
- 1 ½ C. Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove, saute the ground beef until it is completely browned. Drain any extra grease.
- Add the Italian seasoning and minced garlic to the skillet, and saute for 30 seconds longer.
- Pour the tomato sauce and sugar into the skillet with the meat, add salt and pepper to taste, and saute for 3-5 minutes longer.
- Mix together the sour cream and the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Cook the egg noodles until done to your liking and drain completely.
- Place ½ of the egg noodles in an even layer in the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the noodles with half of the cream cheese mixture and then half of the meat mixture.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, cream cheese mixture and then ground beef on top.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the top of the casserole and bake for 20-25 minutes.