Easy Chicken Cobb Salad with the best homemade Cobb Salad Dressing! This protein-packed salad is a meal in itself loaded with crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, chicken, bacon, boiled eggs, creamy avocado and crumbled blue cheese.
You will want the easy Balsamic Vinaigrette on all of your salads. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be craving it.
What is a Cobb Salad?
The original Cobb Salad was developed by Bob Cobb in 1937 for his Brown Derby Restaurant in Los Angeles. It has become a famous American dish and is similar to a Chef’s Salad. It starts with a bed of green lettuce with rows of ingredients arranged over the top just like we did in our Salmon Cobb Salad, and it is served with a vinaigrette.
Chicken Cobb Salad Ingredients:
- 6 oz bacon (6 slices) chopped and browned
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce 5 cups chopped, rinsed and dried
- 2 cooked chicken breasts from a cooked chicken
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled (or feta cheese)
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
Cobb Salad Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove pressed or finely minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Sautee chopped bacon on a skillet until browned and crisp (5 min), then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to cool. Cook 2 hard-boiled eggs then peel and quarter.
Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce and arrange on a platter. Arrange remaining salad ingredients (chicken, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, onion, blue cheese, and bacon) in rows over salad then sprinkle the finely chopped parsley over the salad.
Transfer dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake like crazy. Drizzle over salad just before serving or let guests add their own dressing to taste.