Back to Top
- 1 8.5-oz bag of sea salt kettle-cooked chips, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 18 ounces (3 cups) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- sea salt or other chunky salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Set aside 10 potato chips. In a blender or food processor place the rest of the chips and pulse until they are fine in texture. Add in melted butter and flour and mix until fully combined.
- Press crust mix into a 9-inch pie or tart pan. Make sure the crust is as even as possible. Bake for 12 minutes and set aside to cool when done.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup of cream with 10 ounces (1 2/3 cups) chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth, but do not overheat. Add to this mixture vanilla, eggs, and salt and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into potato chip crust and bake for 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool for half an hour after removing from oven.
- Into a small saucepan pour remaining cream and chocolate chips and stir over medium-low heat until well blended to make the ganache. Do not overheat. Pour ganache over the top of pie. Smooth topping with offset spatula, butter knife, or frosting knife for a level finish.
- Crush reserved potato chips finely by placing them in a zippered plastic sandwich bag and rolling over them with a rolling pin. Do not crush too finely. Before chocolate sets add the chips around the edge of the pie.
- Place pie in refrigerator and allow to cool for 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with sea salt just before serving.