- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour 160g
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50g
- Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages, room temperature
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree 300g
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Make the crust:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper or spray lightly with non stick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine butter, flour and sugar with a fork until crumbly. Press into prepared pan and bake for 13-15 minutes, until dry on top but not brown. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.Pumpkin Cheesecake:
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and ginger and beat until completely combined.
Pour into crust and bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until the edges are firm but the middle still jiggles slightly (it will appear dry completely across the top).
Remove from the oven and set on the counter to cool to room temperature (this can take several hours). Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight until completely chilled. Serve with whipped cream.