- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. milk
- 1 can 29 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 can 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 yellow cake mix dry
- 1/2 C. butter melted (sometimes I use a little more)
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar mixture optional
- whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 X 14 pan.
2. Using a mixer (a KitchenAid or hand held) combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Put cream cheese filling into a small ZipLock bag, and snip off the tip the make a mini piping bag. Then pipe over the pumpkin filling (see photo).
5. Pour the dry cake mix over the cream cheese layer then poke holes using the end of a wooden spoon or a table knife through the cake mix until you hit the filling (not to the bottom of the pan).
6. Pour melted butter over the dry cake mix.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the entire cake for extra flavor and crunch.
8. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is browned and an instead knife comes out clean.
9. Let cool and serve with whipped cream! (Store in fridge)