- 40 square graham crackers (20 if you have the long rectangular ones)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 oz can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
In a large bowl, beat cream on high with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add in sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1 cup in the refrigerator.
Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin and beat on low just until incorporated.
Place one layer of graham crackers into the bottom of an 8×8″ pan. Top with ¼ of the pumpkin mixture (I use a piping bag to do this — it’s quicker and is easier to spread!).
Repeat layers 3 more times, so that there are 4 layers of graham crackers each topped with ¼ of the pumpkin mixture.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours, until cake is set and graham crackers have softened. Cut into squares and serve with reserved whipped cream.