This is a pie that I was eating with so much pleasure when I was a child and it was my favorite in the pumpkin season.
- 1 grated pumpkin of average size
- 1 package of pastry sheets – filo type (470g)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut the pumpkin, remove the peel, cut it in small pieces and grate it (preferably using an electric razor because the pumpkin is hard enough and its quantity as well.
- Butter a big tray with higher walls with only one tablespoon of oil.
- Divide the pastry sheets in 4. If they do not divide exactly, put more at the bottom.
- Put one layer of pastry sheets on the oiled bottom of the tray.
- Put 1/3 of the pumpkin over the pastry sheets in the tray.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the sugar over the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cinnamon over.
- Repeat steps 4-7 twice.
- Close the pie with the last layer of pastry sheets letting it more wrinkled.
- Oil the top of the pie with the remaining oil to avoid browning to much in the oven.
- Put it in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 45 min. When half of the time passed, you can cover the pie with alumiim foil or with another cover to not get too brown and then put it back in the oven to fiish ots cookig.
One trick I know in case the pumpkin is very watery or it is too small, is to sprikle 2-3 tablespoons of semolina. But this time I haven’t used si it went perfectly just without.
It can be decorated with icing sugsr.