Serve with a side of roasted truss cherry tomatoes and potatoes, or add crumbled salmon to salads.
- For the oven-baked paprika salmon:
- 2 (130g or thereabouts) salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
- (2 vines of truss cherry tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced, 425F, gas mark 7).
- Line a small baking tray with non-stick baking paper and grease it generously with extra oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- Place salmon fillets on the paper, skin down and a couple of inches apart.
- Rub a tablespoon of oil all over each fillet and sprinkle generously with smoky paprika.
- (Add truss cherry tomatoes to the tray, if using.)
- Bake salmon fillets (along with the tomatoes) in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, and with the oven door open, let it rest for another 3 minutes or so.
- Serve salmon with some bread, potatoes, roasted tomatoes or a garden salad.