- 1 (5-oz) piece salmon fillet with skin
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rub salmon all over with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet in upper third of oven until fish is just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cut salmon in half crosswise, then lift flesh from skin with a metal spatula and transfer to a plate. Discard skin, then drizzle salmon with oil and sprinkle with herbs.