This Saltine Toffee Candy – aka “Christmas Crack,” is in high demand during the holidays! True to its name, it is delicious and addicting! Family and friends will beg you to make this!
- 1 sleeve (4 oz.) saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 13×9-inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Line the prepared baking sheet with saltine crackers in a single layer.
- In a medium saucepan combine the brown sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate with a spatula and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.