- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste
- 3 (10 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 pound medium-size fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (packed without oil)
- 8 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; place over medium heat. Cover and bring just to a simmer; reduce heat to low, and keep warm. (Do not boil.)
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Stir in rice; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Add 1 cup of simmering broth mixture to rice mixture, stirring constantly until most of liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring constantly until each 1/2 cup addition is absorbed, about 50 minutes. (Rice will be tender and will have a creamy consistency.) Stir in shrimp, scallops, and tomato after 30 minutes of cooking. Stir in crabmeat after 40 minutes of cooking.
Remove from heat; stir in goat cheese and basil. Serve immediately.