- Canola spray oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (25-ounce) jars vegan marinara sauce
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 12 no-boil dried lasagna noodles
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Wrap tofu in 3 or 4 layers of paper towels and gently press out as much water as possible, changing the paper towels once or twice as needed. Transfer tofu to a large bowl and add yeast, garlic, salt and pepper and mash with a fork. Set tofu mixture aside. Put marinara sauce into a medium pot and bring to a simmer. Add peppers and continue simmering until tender, about 10 minutes.
Spoon enough marinara sauce into prepared dish to cover the bottom and then arrange 4 noodles on top. Spread one-third of the tofu mixture over the noodles and then spoon more sauce over the tofu. Repeatwith remaining noodles, tofu and sauce, ending with sauce. Cover with foil and bake until noodles are tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes and then serve.